Monday kicks off a new week. Start it well with mindfulness. Read inspiring mindful Monday quotes to have an exceptional day and week.
As you start the new week, focus on slowing down and cherishing each moment.
Think about how you feel, your surroundings, and draw your attention to the present.
Mindfulness benefits your mood and helps you feel at peace.
The following mindful Monday quotes will encourage you to have a fantastic day and week.
Table of Contents
Inspiring mindful Monday quotes
1. “I’m doing my best to be mindful about how I’m living: to be kind and patient, and not to impose a bad mood on somebody else. Being mindful is as good a way to be spiritual as anything else.” -Deirdre O’Kane
2. “When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day.” -Ella Woodward
3. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” -Roy T. Bennett
4. “Positive culture comes from being mindful, and respecting your coworkers, and being empathetic.” -Biz Stone
5. “Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” –Thich Nhat Hanh
6. “Okay, it’s Monday, but who said Mondays have to suck? Be a rebel and have a great day anyway.” -Kimberly Jiménez
7. “We all have a social responsibility and have to be mindful of what we do and say.” -Aja Brown
8. “It’s important to be thoughtful and mindful about the things you say to other people.” -Evan Spiegel
9. “Do every act of your life as though it were the very last act of your life.” -Marcus Aurelius
10. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” -Germany Kent
11. “Mondays are ripe with opportunities. They are swollen with potential. Rather than dread them, be present in them and find gratitude in every moment of the day.” -Barrie Davenport
12. “We apply our effort to be mindful, to be aware in this very moment, right here and now, and we bring a very wholehearted effort to it.” -Sharon Salzberg
13. “Be mindful of the very moment you are living. Start exactly this second.” -Alexandra Stoddard
14. “This should be the spirit every Monday. Know that something good will always happen.” -Gabriel García Márquez
15. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” -Elon Musk
16. “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” -Bil Keane
17. “Mondays are the start of the week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” -David Dweck
18. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” -Mother Teresa
19. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” -Ralph Marston
20. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” -Dr. Seuss
21. “Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different.” -James Baraz
22. “The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness. Mindfulness means being awake. It means knowing what you are doing.” -Jon Kabat-Zinn
23. “Today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” -Kevyn Aucoin
24. “While focusing on the present moment, we soothe our minds and construe our intuition and inner wisdom.” -Erik Pevernagie
25. “In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being.” –Eckhart Tolleond
26. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” -Buddha
27. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” -Abraham Maslow
28. “As we encounter new experiences with a mindful and wise attention, we discover that one of three things will happen to our new experience: it will go away, it will stay the same, or it will get more intense. Whatever happens does not really matter.” -Jack Kornfield
29. “Slow down and enjoy the moment you’re in and live your life to the fullest.” -Nanette Mathews
30. “Success is to wake up each morning and consciously decide that today will be the best day of your life.” -Ken Poirot
31. “Hey, I know it’s Monday. But it’s also a new day and a new week. And in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen.” -Michael Ely
32. “Be present in all things. Be thankful in all things.” -Maya Angelou
33. “Everything will be okay as soon as you are okay with everything. And that’s the only time everything will be okay.” -Michael A. Singer
34. “Today is our most precious possession. It is our only sure possession.” -Dale Carnegie
35. “Trust in your deepest strength of all: to be present, to be wakeful.” -Jon Kabat-Zinn
36. “You have to let yourself be fully present in every moment.” -Jenny Han
37. “To become mindfully aware of our surroundings is to bring our thinking back to our present moment reality and to the possibility of some semblance of serenity in the face of circumstances outside our ability to control.” -Jeff Kober
38. “Coming to you this Monday morning to remind you how awesome you are, and that you my darling… matter. After all, there’s only one of you in the whole world. Don’t waste one second trying to be like anyone else.” -Sara Blakely
39. “The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” -Albert Einstein
40. “Present over perfect living is real over image, connecting over comparing, meaning over mania, depth over artifice.” -Shauna Niequist
41. “Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week.” -Germany Kent
42. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” -Muhammad Ali
43. “Believe on Monday the way you believe on Sunday.” -Rita Schiano
44. “Happiness lies not in finding what is missing but in finding what is present.” -Tara Brach
45. “Start living right here, in each present moment.” -Mark Williams
46. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” -Jerry Spinelli
47. “Altogether, the idea of meditation is not to create states of ecstasy or absorption, but to experience being.” -Chögyam Trungpa
48. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” -Amit Ray
49. “If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind too.” -Ivan Nuru
50. “The point of power is always in the present moment.” -Louise Hay
51. “My focus is to try to appreciate the present moment more and more and more.” -Mike Posner
52. “Live in the present moment. The past and future are nonexistent. Only the present can be grasped or, better, embraced.” -Stephen Hough
53. “There’s something to be said about living in the present moment. In cooking, you’re allowing your mind to just focus on the task at hand, and you’re able to escape and put your mind at rest.” -Beth Behrs
54. “A great hallmark of mental wellness is the ability to be in the present moment, fully and with no thoughts of being elsewhere.” -Wayne Dyer
55. “The present moment, if you think about it, is the only time there is. No matter what time it is, it is always now.” -Marianne Williamson
56. “Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand-new day.” -Zig Ziglar
57. “When you do something, you should do it with your whole body and mind; you should be concentrated on what you do.” -Shunryū Suzuki
58. “Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment.” –Deepak Chopra
59. “You are in control. Never allow your Monday to be manic.” -Andrea L’Artiste
60. “When you wake up on Monday morning, wake up with gratitude. Put your feet on the floor with gratitude. Go to work with gratitude. Do your work with a heart full of love.” -Barrie Davenport
61. “Being mindful means that we suspend judgment for a time, set aside our immediate goals for the future, and take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.” -J. Mark G. Williams
62. “Stop worrying about what’s next and concentrate on delivering what is now!” -Ted Rubin
63. “Begin to feel instead of thinking, feel your body from head to toe, feel your heartbeat, feel the air going in and out of your body. Listen to the sounds from outside, smell the scents. Feel inhabiting your body, be present here and now.” -Caro Briones
64. “Experience what it feels like to be fully present and grounded in the moment, in the now.” -Amy Leigh Mercree
65. “Live as big as you can, with what you’ve got.” -Jill Shalvis
66. “Today is yours to shape. Create a masterpiece!” -Steve Maraboli
67. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.” -Groucho Marx
68. “Just for today, smile a little more. Just for today, ask someone how he or she is really doing. Just for today, remember, while some may have it better than you do, there are others whom definitely have it worse than you!” -James A. Murphy
69. “Wake each day and find joy wherever you can, no matter how small it may be. There will always be hard times and trying times and times for sorrow, but we won’t let those days destroy the here and now.” -Kerri Maniscalco
70. “Wherever you are, be there. If you can be fully present now, you’ll know what it means to live.” -Steve Goodier
71. “You have the most beautiful things surrounding you. Give your mind the breather it deserves.” -Hiral Nagda
72. “We need to live in the now of life, it can’t be about how much we suffered yesterday or what we might face tomorrow. It’s about today.” -Bonnie Leon
73. “We must feel everything, everything we can. We are here for that.” -Henry James
Mindful Monday quotes are an excellent way to kick off your week.
Focus on practicing mindfulness throughout the day.
It benefits your well-being and mood while giving you mental clarity.
You can be mindful through meditation, chilling, and living in the moment.
Related: Personal Mantra Ideas
Featured image by David Em/Relaxation Hero.
David Em is the Founder of Relaxation Hero. He created this site to provide tips and resources to help you relax. Outside of Relaxation Hero, David is the CEO of Everyone Media Group. He also enjoys hiking, running, and traveling.