Life is busy, and work can take over your days. Create time to rest, as it allows you to recover. Read the best resting quotes for inspiration.
Take breaks and get enough sleep to be productive and healthy. It sounds easy, but life gets in the way.
Family, work, and tasks demand your time. It leads to stress, anxiety, and burnout.
So, focus on incorporating more rest into your life. It makes you more creative, productive, happy, and healthy.
The following resting quotes will inspire and teach you the importance of it.
Table of Contents
Related: The Best Self-Reflection Questions
Inspiring resting quotes
1. “It’s very important that we re-learn the art of resting and relaxing. Not only does it help prevent the onset of many illnesses that develop through chronic tension and worrying; it allows us to clear our minds, focus, and find creative solutions to problems.” –Thich Nhat Hanh
2. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” -Sydney J. Harris
3. “When the going gets tough, the tough take a nap.” -Tom Hodgkinson
4. “Rest until you feel like playing, then play until you feel like resting, period. Never do anything else.” -Martha Beck
5. “Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” -Eleanor Brown
6. “I’ll get seven hours sleep a night, but after breakfast, I’ll have an hour just resting, to recover. In Spain they all have siestas, even businessmen.” -Anthony Joshua
7. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” -John Lubbock
8. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” -Anne Lamott
9. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” -Ralph Marston
10. “I always give myself Sundays as a spiritual base of renewal – a day when I do absolutely nothing.” -Oprah Winfrey
11. “I get a lot of the ideas when I’m resting – either when I’m meditating or getting some kind of work done on my back, like physical therapy or acupuncture. That’s where I get my best ideas, maybe because I’m balancing my body.” -Katy Perry
12. “A holiday is an opportunity to journey within. It is also a chance to chill, to relax. It is when I switch on my rest mode.” -Prabhas
13. “I think sometimes the best training is to rest.” -Cristiano Ronaldo
14. “True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.” -William Penn
15. “Take rest; a field that has rested gives a beautiful crop.” -Ovid
16. “Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future.” -Maya Angelou
17. “There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither.” -Alan Cohen
18. “Wisdom is knowing when to have rest, when to have activity, and how much of each to have.” -Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
19. “Real rest feels like every cell is thanking you for taking care of you. It’s calm, not full of checklists and chores. It’s simple: not multitasking; not fixing broken things.” -Jennifer Williamson
20. “It’s okay to take time for yourself. We give so much of ourselves to others, and we need to be fueled both physically and mentally. If we are in balance, it helps us in all our interactions.” -Faith Hill
21. “Doing nothing has become one of the lost luxuries in these hectic times. But doing nothing, even for five minutes, can be rejuvenating.” -Joan Marques
22. “I realized that I could actually miss practice and rest, then come back to the gym and still have my skills.” -Sunisa Lee
23. “Sleeping is like meditation: it’s good to rest the body but also to shut the mind down for a bit.” -Anthony Joshua
24. “For me, my home is a peaceful place where I can rest, and it gives me back energy.” -Fabiola Gianotti
25. “The body needs its rest, and sleep is extremely important in any health regimen. There should be three main things: eating, exercise and sleep. All three together in the right balance make for a truly healthy lifestyle.” -Rohit Shetty
26. “I just enjoy both working and not working. And fortunately, I work enough where I get that out of my system, and then we take a few days off, take a rest.” -Willie Nelson
27. “The most valuable thing we can do for the psyche, occasionally, is to let it rest, wander, live in the changing light of room, not try to be or do anything whatever.” -May Sarton
28. “When I’m tired, I rest. I say, ‘I can’t be a superwoman today.'” -Jada Pinkett Smith
29. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” -Etty Hillesum
30. “We humans have lost the wisdom of genuinely resting and relaxing. We worry too much. We don’t allow our bodies to heal, and we don’t allow our minds and hearts to heal.” -Thich Nhat Hanh
31. “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” -Banksy
32. “Most of the things we need to be most fully alive never come in busyness. They grow in rest.” -Mark Buchanan
33. “Rest and be thankful.” -William Wadsworth
34. “What is without periods of rest will not endure.” -Ovid
35. “It’s about working hard, resting when you need to, leading a healthy life, and having a support structure around you. These factors help you improve.” -Adama Traore
36. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” -William S. Burroughs
37. “If you want to relax, watch the clouds pass by if you’re laying on the grass, or sit in front of the creek; just doing nothing and having those still moments is what really rejuvenates the body.” -Miranda Kerr
38. “As important as it is to have a plan for doing work, it is perhaps more important to have a plan for rest, relaxation, self-care, and sleep.” -Akiroq Brost
39. “Rest is a productive activity.” -Sophia Joan
40. “Sleep: The golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” -Thomas Dekker
41. “Some essential oils, a nice massage followed by a power nap helps me start my Sunday on the right note. After a week full of running around, this becomes the perfect rejuvenation.” -Ananya Panday
42. “Learning to rest is an ongoing process.” -Rachel Hollis
43. “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” -Mark Black
44. “When you start feeling an overwhelming amount of energy pile up on you, that is indicating that you need to put your devices down, relax, and detox. Take a step back for a second and get back to a grounded space.” -Robin S. Baker
45. “It’s often the unexpected that brings the joy if we can only relax enough to make room for it.” -Beth Kempton
46. “Arise, eat, and rest with no remorse, because the journey is long.” -Dr. Lucas D. Shallua
47. “If you have a setback, you rest. Then one day, probably sooner than you think, you wake up, ready to try again.” -Amita Parikh
48. “Ultimately, rest is an act of resistance against the siren calls of our idols to work for them. By stopping, we take up arms against the great Western gods of achievement, money, and self-determination.” -Adam Mabry
49. “Sometimes the best solution is to rest, relax, and recharge. It’s hard to be your best on empty.” -Sam Glenn
50. “We needed to get rid of the belief that we couldn’t rest until our work was done. Work is never done.” -Sonia Choquette
51. “It’s in the rest where you see your struggles. It’s in the moment of reckoning where a change can be a choice. A choice to return to the values that mirror your highest self. The return to you – when you make the powerful choice not to quit, but to rest.” -Hania Khuri-Trapper
52. “Work is not always required. There is such a thing as sacred idleness.” -George MacDonald
53. “Less can be more. Sometimes the highest form of action is inaction. Athletes require rest and recovery time.” -Gary Mack
54. “Relax, recharge, and reflect. Sometimes, it’s okay to do nothing.” -Izey Victoria Odiase
55. “In this game, everyone needs a break to refuel, recharge, and jump back in full throttle.” -Helen Edwards
56. “A day of rest yields a hundred days of progress.” -Adrienne Posey
57. “Our physical, emotional, and spiritual health requires rest. We need to take a break. We need to nurture ourselves. To take a time out to refuel, rejuvenate, and revive ourselves.” -Dana Arcuri
After reading the best resting quotes, take a break and get restorative sleep.
Rest is essential for your mind, body, and soul. It gives your brain a break and your body time to recover.
Get enough rest to live your best life and heal.
Related: The Best Sleep Podcasts
Featured image by David Em/Relaxation Hero.
David Em is the Founder of Relaxation Hero. He created this site to provide tips and resources to help you relax. Outside of Relaxation Hero, David is the CEO of Everyone Media Group. He also enjoys hiking, running, and traveling.